Right To Information (RTI) Act
Last updated on:
25 September 2014 13:04:09
The Right to Information Act will come into force w.e.f. 12th October, 2005.
Salient Features of the Right to Information Act, 2005
- The Act extends to the whole of India except Jammu & Kashmir.
- It provides a very definite day for its commencement i.e. 120 days from enactment.
- It shall apply to Public Authorities.
- All citizens shall have the right to information, subject to provisions of the Act.
- The Public Information Officers/Assistant Public Information Officers will be responsible to deal with the requests for information and also to assist persons seeking information.
- Fee will be payable by the applicant depending on the nature of information sought.
- Certain categories of information have been exempted from disclosure under Section 8 and 9 of the Act.
- Intelligence and security agencies specified in Schedule II to the Act have been exempted from the ambit of the Act, subject to certain conditions.
Updated List of Central Public Information Officer(CPIOs) and First Appellate Authority (FAAs) as on 11th September, 2014(305 KB) (Dated 11th September, 2014)
Nomination of CPIO in respect of Plan Finance - I Division(114 KB) (Dated 06th August, 2014)
Nomination of CPIO in respect of Pay Research Unit (PRU)(120 KB) (Dated 06th August, 2014)
Suo moto (Proactive) Disclosure under Section 4(1)(b) of Right to Information Act 2005 - Lifting of Temporary ban on cadre review/ cadre restructuring(259 KB) (Dated 05th August, 2014)
Suo moto disclosure under Section (4) of Right to Information Act 2005 - Nomination of Nodal Officer(115 KB) (Dated 13th June, 2014)
Regarding reply of this Department dated 13.05.2014 in regard to the application of Ms. Divya V.V. received under RTI Act, 2005(2 MB) (Dated 11th June, 2014)
Nomination of Nodal Officer for receiving RTI applications in Ministry of Finance(111 KB) (Dated 05th May, 2014)
More about RTI ACT
Compendium on Right to Information Act, 2005
Nomination of Transparency Officer(502 KB)
Quarterly summary for all CPIOs in Department of Expenditure for the quarter ending June, September, December2010 & March2011.(704 KB)
Consolidated Annual Report for the year 2009-2010 ( upto March 2010) in respect of Department of Expenditure(96 KB) (Dated 23rd February, 2011)
Decentralization of RTI related work in Personnel Division of Department of Expenditure(11 KB) (Dated 21st January, 2011)
Opening of Counters for receiving application as per RTI Act, 2005 (5 KB)
Information under Right to Information (RTI) Act in respect of Staff Inspection Unit (74 KB)
Information under Right to Information (RTI) Act in respect of Cost Accounts Branch
Information under Right to Information (RTI) Act in respect of PF-I
Information under Right to Information (RTI) Act in respect of PF-II (11 KB)
Information under Right to Information (RTI) Act in respect Finance Commission Division (482 KB)
Information under Right to Information (RTI) Act in respect CPAO
Information under Right to Information (RTI) Act in respect NIFM