Infrastructure and Energy Division
- All policy related issues in infrastructure sectors including those concerning road, ports, shipping, railways, inland water transport, urban development, power, new and renewable energy, railways and telecommunication sector referred to the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) by the concerned Administrative Ministries.
- Examination of the investment proposals in these infrastructure sectors requires the approval of EFC/ PIB/ CCEA for their viability and justification.
- Matters relating to infrastructure financing and promotion of investments in infrastructure sectors.
- Policy matters related to Public Private Partnerships.
- On the investment front, all proposals for foreign direct investment which are not on the automatic route are processed and put up for approval of FIPB.
- To facilitate investment abroad, negotiations are undertaken for signing Bilateral Investment Protection and Promotion Agreements .This provides a congenial atmosphere for Overseas Indian investments and facilitates repatriation of profits back home.
- The foreign investment unit examines sectoral policy issues with respect to other ministries too.
- All matters relation to currency and coins ? mediums of exchange in a modern economy.
SUBJECT/ SECTION- WISE ALLOCATION OF WORK
- Infrastructure - It consists of four sections which are :-
Name & contact address of division head
Ms. Sharmila Chavaly
Joint Secretary (I&E),
Department of Economic Affairs,
Room No. 73 ,North Block,
Tel.No. - 2309 2154
FAX No. - 2309 2039