Integrated Finance Division
Functions of Integrated Finance (IF) Division
The IF Division is headed by the Financial Advisor (Finance) and consists of IF Unit - I, IF Unit - II and the DDG Cell. The main activities of the Division include :
- Tendering financial advice on all matters involving government expenditure/concurrence to financial proposals of the Departments of Economic Affairs (DEA) and Financial Services (DFS) and their attached and subordinate offices.
- Scrutiny of foreign deputation proposals of officers of DEA and DFS.
- Monitoring and reviewing the progress of expenditure against sanctioned grant on a monthly and quarterly basis, ensuring compliance of instructions issued by the Department of Expenditure on economy/rationalisation of expenditure. Reviewing progress of schemes included in the Outcome Budget.
- Standing Committee of Parliament on Finance/PAC and Audit Paras.
- Preparation of Budget and related work in respect of Grant No 32 - Department of Economic Affairs and Grant No.33 - Department of Financial Services.
- Coordination, compilation and printing and laying in Parliament of the Detailed Demand for Grants (DDG) and the Outcome Budget of the Ministry of Finance.
Name & contact address of division head
Shri H Pradeep Rao
Joint Secretary & FA(Finance)
Room No 166-C,
Tel: 011 - 23092332
Unit wise work allocation
I. Integrated Finance Unit - I
All financial proposals of Department of Economic Affairs and its subordinate and attached offices, e.g. National Savings Institute, Securities Appellate Tribunal, Investment Commission and Finance Commission.
Handles all matters relating to Grant No. 32 - Department of Economic Affairs, i.e., -
- Tendering financial advice on all matters involving expenditure.
- Scrutiny of and concurrence to foreign deputation proposals of officers of Department of Economic Affairs including obtaining the approval of Screening Committee of Secretaries through Department of Expenditure.
- Finalising Budget, Revised Budget and Supplementaries.
- Expenditure control, monitoring of progress of expenditure and submitting monthly and quarterly progress reports to Secretary (EA).
- Preparation of final requirements and surrender of savings and re-appropriation.
- Preparation of appropriation and finance accounts.
- Matters relating to Standing Committee of Parliament on Finance and PAC/Audit Paras in respect of DEA.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance of economy instructions issued by Department of Expenditure from time to time.