Directorate of Currency
- Policy formulation regarding design , composition of metals etc. of the coins.
- Matters related to supply of coins to the RBI and reimbursement of cost of coins to SPMCIL.
- Accounts and Audit matters in respect of C&C Branch.
- Coins related legislation
- Issue of Commemorative Coins
- Administrative Control of the Security printing and Miniting Corporation of India (SPMCIL) , like appointment of Board Level Posts, Creation / Abolition of Board Level Posts, Laying of Annual Report of the Corporation in the Parliament etc.
- Absorption of the employees of the Mints/Presses/Mill in the SPMCIL.
- All residual establishment matters including clarifications /advice of the the nodal Ministries/ Departments in respect of official and industrial workers in the units of SPMCIL.
- Court Cases filed by the employees of the 9 units of SPMCIL, where Union of India is a party.
- Policy formulation regarding design and security features of currency notes and other security documents.
- Production planning of printing of currency notes and other security documents related matters.
- Currency related legislation.
- Deputation of officers for pre-shipment inspection abroad.
- Implementation of the recommendations of Banerjee Committee.
- Any other matter relating to currency and other security documents.
- Administrative and Establishment matters relating to Directorate of Currency.
- Co-ordination within the Directorate.
| 2 |